Brighton and Hove Faith in Action is an interfaith charity promoting social welfare projects delivered by faith groups in our city. It was launched on the 21st February 2014 and our trustees are:
- Rev Martin Poole, St Luke’s Church, Prestonville
- Rev Alexander David Mabbs, Brighthelm United Reformed Church
- Rev Paul Doick, St John the Baptist Church
- Simon Lewis, City Coast Church
- Peter Speck, Progressive Synagogue
- David Steell, One Church
- Tim Earey, Church of Christ the King
- Leighton Rowe, St Peters Church
- Fr Mark, Benefice of S. Michael & All Angels and S. Paul
Including the following Associate Trustees
- Cllr Christina Summers, Brighton and Hove City Council Faith Groups Champion
- Rev Peter Wells, Lead Chaplain of Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals NHS Trust
- Lev Eakins, BHFA project worker
Our objectives are:
- Promoting knowledge and mutual understanding and respect for the social action initiatives of different religious faiths.
- Providing a local network group that encourages and enables faith organisations to participate more effectively with other third, public and private sector organisations.
- Increasing, or co-ordinating, opportunities for members of faith communities to engage with service providers, to enable more effective social action services including dissemination of funding information.
- Development and maintenance of a publicly available faith and social action action database as a central point of information for such activities.